A superior irrigation method for coffee plantations based on Ein-Tal products has been applied.
- Based on Vibro-Spreaders on spikes, set about 1feet over the ground. Water discharge may be designed for 35 or 50 L/hr using selected LP (Low Pressure) product that is easy to clean/replace.
- Even distribution of small water droplets spread over larger area at higher discharge rate (than drippers). This supports healthy root development. It also creates micro-climate and provides cooling and humidity that induces good flowering and beans filling.
- The small droplets are very effective for slow crumble of organic matter and manure, an important feature in the subtropics where it only rains 4 out of 12 months.
- Fertilizers can be fed thru the system – the vibrations of the Vibro Spreaders prevent its clogging.
- The method is applicable for upgrading an existing drip lines.
- More effective irrigation is attained with the LP 35 or 50 L/hr types that provide full performance at pressure of 1 bar (14 PSI). These products are essentially water saving devices.Reported from Zambia: a coffee plantation (27 ha) irrigated by this method yielded better crops than another adjacent (33 ha) plantation irrigated by drippers. Click here for the Reports Text.
The Ein-Tal LP Vibro Spreaders are installed along the rows, each unit is watering two trees, i.e., the spacing between two adjacent trees is twice the spacing between the trees. The specific reference designed in Zambia for a plantation of 1.2m between the trees and 3.6m between the rows uses a spacing of 2.4m between the Vibro Spreaders. Each unit is placed on standard 40 cm wedge, about 30cm (1 foot) over the ground and plugged into PE tube aligned along the rows. There is also an option to use a 4mm iron rod with our 4mm coupler as a substitute wedge.